So. Got one app in the AppStore using Starling and Feathers. Works great!
Funny thing is I developed it on iOS7 beta before it came out and it worked fine.
Now, that would not have been possible using xCode.
I'm writing because I had this wierd issue. New app I was working on installed on iPhone, but not iPad (Universal App). The issue turned out that I had the App ID in the wrong directiong. I.e. foo.test.dk instead of dk.test.foo.
Silly me. Writing to help out anyone getting similar issues. Also, re-creating provisioning profile etc. also helps in other cases. However if it works, it doesn't stop working if that's any relief ;)
Had some trouble with Subversion (again) at work. Decided to try Git or Mercurial.
Getting git to work was next to impossible, so I opted for Mercurial.
You can just create your own repository with hg init.
Then you simply do hg clone <repository dir> and you have a local repository and a remote.
I installed repository in a Dropbox folder. Doing this with Subversion spells certain doom, but with Mercurial you just push the changes to Dropbox and otherwise keep a local repository and it works flawless :)
Much much nicer than Subversion. Next I need to look into how to ignore files. Mercurial uses ignore files, rather than an ignore command.
On the other hand you don't need to delete unneeded stuff. Mercurial has an hg addremove command that adds new and deletes missing. Also you can do hg forget to have Mercurial forget a directory and/or files. Neat :)
If you have multiple devices set to sync over WI-FI, deploy to device will fail, although IntelliJ will happily inform you that it was deployed and that you can now run it on your device... not :)
So I managed to hook up Starling with Flash IDE CS6.
It does publish directly to the device, and the manual iOS certificate/provisioning setup went relatively smooth :)
Starling performance is actually very good and a pleasant surprise compared to my initial disappointing experiments with Flash on iOS a few years ago.
However, using the Flash IDE is pointless, since you can't use either the timeline or the library with Starling.
I'll give ye 'ole FlashBuilder a spin and report back again :)
Note to self:
When it says there's no more space on the device, it's because your namespace does not match the one in the provisioning profile. And you have to inherit from MovieClip instead of Sprite when using from within Flash IDE.
And finally. You must specify the swf name inside <content></content> in the XML file or you will get a wierd flash error about the movie failing to load :)
So, now the Ultimaker won't print anymore....
It just grinds the plastic and nothing comes through. I've tried cutting and re-inserting the plastic in the tube but it appears somethings stuck inside the extruder head :(
Anyhoo. I will try to lower the build platform, heat it up and then poke some pointy metal object up in the extruder head to see if there is passage. I'll keep you guys posted :)
On a side note I just got hold of a Solidoodle 3rd gen, so it's going to be exciting how it stacks up in speed/quality/eas of use against the Ultimaker.
So I finally got to try the famous blue tape for the 3D printer bed.
My conclusion is...it sucks!
The print sticks to the tape and is really hard to get off again.
So for now I recommend regular painters tape ;)